HAVING PROBLEMS ACCESSING TAXIS ANY SUGGESTIONS ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HAVING PROBLEMS ACCESSING TAXIS ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every one having serious problems with taxis at this moment. After losing my car through the Motability scheme. Seems are not wanted by certain independent taxi firms.

That are in my area. Seems the attitude is all wrong.  Booked a taxi two days ago not turned up. This morning rang him. He said you told me this afternoon he uttered. More or less arguing with me . No apology.  I need a taxi to be reliable. I did mention I sometimes speak not very clearly even so obviously not interested in wanting the business.

I mentioned said the original time of my appointment. Yet he was very reluctant to accept the error.  Looked in my diary. and have put the correct time down.

Second time this has happened seems some of these independent taxi companies have problems with.

Looking on line trying find and need a driver like a volunteer driver. Only issues with that is the hospital and anything else like appointments.

Will not do run a  rounds so what is the answer.

Cannot use bus. Have anxiety. Also hate going on and have missed the stops several times the bus drivers whiz pass the stop. No matter how many times you ring the bell.

Looking on line for companies see how I go with them.

Sad really long time ago had a lovely gent who never arguing and never late and always polite. Those were the days when again had no car stranded in rural village any way.

Also he rang me back to confirm the date and time. Never understand why these people did not either.  On the road and obviously noise of traffic.

I know am partially deaf and told him last time one taxi driver. Bit curt and short with me because he was kept waiting on an appointment.

Outside for five minutes long. I said sorry which I did. Stony silence as all the attitude was deafening.  This was a ten minute journey and I found myself at the bequest of his demeanour

His mobile going off and he uttered will be ten minutes late and said me actually waiting for some one else.  Which was no need.

So dumped him after being dropped off.

Any useful suggestions grateful to how to procced next. Still use taxis but how and when . Seems if you want to be mobile not many solutions out there.

Thank you for reading.

@thespiceman.
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @thespiceman

Sorry to hear this, in my area there is a small community bus, fits 10/12 people so not as public as a service bus. Can be used for shopping, appointments, etc. I dont you have issues with buses but just a suggestion.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Ami2301 Understand thank you for this information.

Have looked into what is available. I just wanted some one to drive me around that is all.  Not keen on buses .

Another reason is my friend get the looks and stares plus comments so like a taxi.

Do like paying some one for the privilege so should be no problem.

Been on line found a taxi firm. See what happens next time.  This is a taxi firm not an independent driver.

Speak soon.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    I have the same problems.
    Had to go by bus y'day to hospital.and the driver wouldnt let people off at their children's school. They told driver what they thought of him. Seemed fair to me.

A few stops later the driver slammed his foot down sending several people flying into the window and also on the floor. It was deliberate, but nothing will be done about the driver.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.