I've been sanctioned, what do I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been sanctioned, what do I do?

kami24
kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
I have bpd and autism and on jsa but they say I should be on a different benefit to jsa as I cannot look for work the jobcentre said I should be on esa and have also sanctioned me just because I was truthful with the work coach and said I'm probably not able to work and they obviously twisted it and said I hadn't been looking for work even though I have been actively seeking employment as they say in order to receive my stupid jsa. Really hate the benefits system and got worse with UC if that's humanely possible!!! Can you tell me what to send it so they can undo the sanction or should I take everything to the nasty jobcentre to scan to dwp head office or whoever deals with it all??? Appeal it?? Need advice as I have never ever been sanctioned before. Also if they are say claim esa that is not possible as UC has replaced it as I live in a full UC area so would I have to be forced onto UC and lose my severe disability premium or would I get protection or top up amount and be placed in the limited capability group in UC and get the same amount or lose it!?????????? Such confusion. What a nightmare for disabled people who cannot work and are on jsa or forced onto UC or even into full toe work which then makes their illnesses worse! 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kami24, really sorry to hear that you've been sanctioned and you're contending with this on top of everything else. I'm afraid I'm unsure of the answer to this myself, but hopefully some of our members will be able to advise soon.
  • kami24
    I think I need to provide a medical note then they will pay me but who knows 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Contact your local CAB office for advice on your options. Is it possible to get a mandatory reconsideration as well. Do you live in a full UC area or not? 
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Matthewsheehy24 Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Put a medical paper into your Jobcentre.That will cover you if your not well enough to go to Jobcentre that’s what I did in the past.
  • Phantomscript
    Phantomscript Scope Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Go to your G.P and explain your need for a medical note. take that to the Job centre, Then make sure you have / get every thing said to you in writing for your own records. You will find that they cannot put all they say in writing.
    Ask your attending staff what you should claim and secure all paper work required. If you have UC then you will have a journal make use of it. You will need all the letters and details from your G.P and NHS to fight and win.
  • kami24
    Rang jobcentre plus today and they said it's suspended only at the moment so hopefully they will scan up my sick note (which I took in yesterday) and pay me and not sanction me but can't believe they did it over Christmas as nd I feel it was my nasty little work coaches fault just because I told him I didn't like him! I'm requesting someone else as a work coach because he is patronising even though he doesn't seem 100 percent mentally healthy himself to me and he knows my situation yet almost force's me to apply for what he suggests 
  • kami24
    Okay they have just suspended my claim but that means I haven't had a payment for 3 weeks now so if I ever get my jsa back it will be at least 4 weeks. I have given them medical note for the period they said I hadn't looked for work but they still won't decide and get on with it how ridiculous 
  • kami24
    The actual jobcentre is the problem when I rang up they are much better on the phone lines 
  • kami24
    Feel so angry now want to just forget the whole bloody jsa system and go to work but that's a joke because I'm unstable so can't work and have ptsd and slight autism 
  • kami24
    I will give them more stuff Wednesday morning to show indeed applications or whatever ever they bloody need! A blood sample and saliva they will want from claimants soon!! 
  • kami24
    Also from January 16th is everyone 'migrating' onto UC? Do we keep sdp or get anything extra if working tax credits are being scrapped? What an awful system 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    No, everyone isn't migrating to UC on 16th January. Migration won't start until later in 2019 much much later than that for a lot of people.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    They still haven't made a decision on my suspension which means I haven't been paid 4 weeks now and I can't apply for a hardship money because not classified as sanction yet so really really angry at them now
  • kami24
    It's my actual jobcentre who have messed it all up just because I hate my stupid work coach and told him I wanted to see a woman!!! 
  • kami24
    Your advice isn't great 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    kami24 said:
    Your advice isn't great 
    I'm not sure why you think that. Mike has taken the time and given you great advice in a long comment above.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    I haven't been sanctioned yet poppy and i won't bother commenting at all if I were you on every thing I write on any post 
  • kami24
    I won't bother with this site people obviously think they know everything!!! But don't I can read his advice online so if there is no new info why try to be clever and put loads of stuff what is already on gov website?? 
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Matthewsheehy24 Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    They are just trying to help you.STOP moaning at them.
  • kami24
    Shut up matty 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.