If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!
• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.
Dyslexia Technology app research
thislittlebluebird Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2018 in Events, research and opportunities
I'm a final year college student and am working on an app for dyslexic users. I would be very grateful if any dyslexics would take a moment to answer a few questions, so I can make the app better
Thanks so much!
1. What are the main symptoms of your dyslexia and how does it present? (Trouble with reading, spelling, writing, grammar or other specific tasks?
2. How does
being dyslexic effect your everyday life and learning? Has your dyslexia
ever impacted your studies or learning?
3. What age
were you diagnosed with dyslexia and what kind of support (if any) were
4. Do you have any prior experience with using dyslexia assistive technology? If so, what type of technology? (coloured overlays for papers, highlighters, spell checkers, text readers, apps or add-ons that change font/page contrast, smartpens etc.)
5. Which of the products you used did you find helpful and unhelpful and why?
6. Do you feel a need for better assistive technology to help with dyslexia?