If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I need some advice on how to cope with Restless legs syndrome

LadyRichards55LadyRichards55 Posts: 2Member Listener
Hi, my name is Maria and I've been struggling recently with RLS, not sleeping, pacing the room etc. Can anyone odder some advice on how to cope? Thanks

Replies

• Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 1,783Member Pioneering
    Hi @LadyRichards55 ;

Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us.
    Please have a look at our quick guide about our community and feel free to join in our recent discussions RLS UK  offer some good tips on managing RLS.

If you have any questions, please let us know, we are happy to help.  
  • AnkyieSponAnkyieSpon Posts: 121Community champion Courageous
    Hi @LadyRichards55 welcome to the community. I started getting RLS over a year ago and it is sooo horrible. As soon as I relaxed it started. The only thing that helped me was Amitriptyline. It helped for a year so I had dose increased which unfortunately affected my gastritis so now I am on Gabapentin which isn't as good. Hope that helps.
    Keep us updated. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • LadyRichards55LadyRichards55 Posts: 2Member Listener
    Thank you, I've been prescribed amytriptaline before for sleep problems, I didn't suffer too much with RLS then, perhaps that was the reason why, will try them again.
  • underdiagnosedunderdiagnosed Posts: 4Member Listener
    Hi I've the same problem but with increasing mobility probs as well. I asked my GP what I could do and he suggested stretching my legs every night before I go to sleep. I do this very thoroughly and hold and repeat my stretches. This has really helped and I haven't had any major probs with it since. Might be worth a try.
Sign in or join us to comment.