Bedroom Tax. Question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bedroom Tax. Question

Options
ricky1040
ricky1040 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
hey all,  

Does your rate of pip have any bearing on exclusion from bedroom tax reduction. My CAB rep told me she thinks that enhanced daily living mean i am excluded. I cant find any info to back this. Any one know if this is correct? Before i call them and they make me feel silly. 

Ricky

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,316 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A PIP award doesn't exclude you from the bedroom tax unfortunately. A PIP award will exclude you from the benefit cap only. If you're renting from social housing and you have a spare bedroom then the bedroom tax will apply to you. You can apply for a discretionary housing payment (DHP) for this you'll need to speak to your local council and ask them to send you a form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    Options
    Yea i get the dfc payment. But it ends at some point just thinking of the future and going on the advice i was given. Thanks for filling in the blanks poppy

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.