Feeling paranoid — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling paranoid

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hello l really need some help please as I am starting to feel even more paranoid now about like I think that people are saying negative things about certain things like dating websites and some other things having a minimum age requirement of 18 and also I feel paranoid that people are starting to say things about young adults over 18 moving on to adult services when no one should be saying anything about these things at all and I want everyone to accept these things like that whether they like or agree with them or not as I am sick of being paranoid and I am sick and tired of people saying things about certain things or everything having a minimum age requirement of 18 as it is starting to mess up my life and it is stopping me from enjoying myself too.
S.York

Comments

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    You wait till your my age I take gods dog for a walk 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Hello @Sholay09 Maybe you should try and stop thinking what every one is saying.

I am a lot older than you are and if I thought about what every one thinks about me.  Listen to rumour, gossip and innuendo .  Then I would probably be very ill all the time. As you get older you become resilient and have the attitudes to go with it.  Hardened but can and do should emotion, be sensitive when needed.

That is part of growing up being an adult.  Being eighteen is acceptance and having the demeanour to go with that.  Life is a journey as you grow older become wise and serene.  More important aspects of the life you have.

As a older person I do understand about education, learning being flexible and having the common sense to approach life's little issues.

To give you reassurance . You need to think about you the qualities, skills and talents you have.  Try to focus on what is important in your life.

I have mental conditions of anxiety and if I start to think about for example right now. Of my issues they can circulate in your mind, effect your wellbeing. Keeps going around and around then it makes you ill.

Part of being eighteen is having the responsibility of an adult. Then those who are eighteen are they responsible enough.  Have and be sensible, be tolerant, be aware of social status. To deal carefully with aspects of life like money, marriage, children.  Lifestyle choices alcohol, drugs.

All the age restrictions many are put into place because The Government thinks that certain restrictions be lifted or limited.

Has its problems associated with each one.  

Being involved myself as an alcoholic and other substance abuse, seeing the damage caused by those taking at a young age.  Some thing to consider.

What about crime and punishment gun laws all have their restrictions.  Understand the public be annoyed if a eighteen year old obtained a gun licence . Made a misjudgement using this.

May I suggest you try to speak to some one. Therapy, counselling the GP you have.

Always here if you feel the need to chat.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.