ESA 50 Form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA 50 Form

Options
bradmiah
bradmiah Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. Im blind in one eye and see fog oit of the other. Ive been on ESA since 2015 and now have a work capabiloty form to fill in. Ths form puts EVERYONE in to work no matter what your illness. Like the question...Can you walk up and down 2 steps with a banister. I'm worried as to this question I can. Can you lift any one of your hands to your pocket on your coat....err well yes so I am now worried about how to fill this in 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The form doesn't put everyone into work, sorry but that's not true. Which group are you in WRAG or Support Group? For WRAG you need to score at least 15 points. For Support Group you need to satisfy at least one of the Support Group descriptors.

There's also reg 29/35.

Knowing the reasons why you were placed into the group you're in the last time will help. When filling in the form you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you.

The form will need to be returned no later than the date stated in the letter. If it's not returned by that date then you risk having your ESA stopped for failing to return the form.

Contacting your local CAB, welfare rights or law centre naybe a good idea and they will help to fill the form in. Dont forget to send evidence with the form.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Bradmiah
    I have recently been sent this form to complete and I had arranged an appointment with an advice centre to help me with the forms just like poppy has advised above. I struggled to get an appointment before the date the form should have been sent back as they only give you a month to complete it and send it back. This meant that my form would be late as my appointment was after the date my form should have been received. I phoned DWP and asked for advice about the form been sent back late and if I was able to do this as I could not get an appointment any earlier to help me with the forms. The lady said that would be okay as long as you explain why on page 3 of the ESA form. She said that because I had informed them of this and it was late because I had to wait for an appointment the phone call would be logged. If you are struggling in finding support with completing the forms  and also getting them back on time I would phone and ask about this.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @justg72 hi, DWP may have said that to you but have they actually accepted those reasons for returning your form late? There's no extension of time for returning the ESA form, unless DWP have it noted on the computer that you have mental health. The deadline for returning the ESA50 form is very strict. If it's not returned on time then you risk being found fit for work for failing to return the form.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.