If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Paying for support care worker, that was not mentioned

eduffuseduffus Posts: 2Member Listener
edited January 2 in Parents and carers
Paying for care support care 
I've just been advised I have to use some of my son's benefits to pay for his support care worker. And I should have paid from 2017.  I received no notice of this and we have had care reviews and this was never mentioned. How do I dispute the back payments not informed of? 


  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 4,924Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @eduffus welcome to the community! 

    Sorry to hear what has happened, who advised you? If it was not the care team then it might be worth speaking to them about this :)
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
  • eduffuseduffus Posts: 2Member Listener
    It was the care team who informed me recently and sent me letters dated November 2017, that i never received. I had to ask for confirmation letters.  I have started paying December however I am refusing backdated payments has I've had reviews, this issue should have been raised with me. There were opportunities for this to be bought to my attention and never was.v
  • steve51steve51 Posts: 5,609Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @eduffus

    Welcome to our online community/family it’s great to meet meet you today!!!!!

    I am very very sorry to hear about your current situation/problems???

    Please please let me know if I can help you further ?????

Sign in or join us to comment.