Pip report is in audit?! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report is in audit?!

wonkygurl
wonkygurl Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I am new here but here it goes I had my pip face to face at end of November and I got sent the report middle of December when I asked for it and I have called them a couple of times since to see if any decision has been made. The last time I called I got to speak to the case manager and he said my report has been sent for a audit and to cal back next week as it should be back by then so my question is how did I get sent a copy of my report if it has been sent for audit? Can they change my report in audit? And can they change it now I have been sent the report?  What does the audit mean? I am struggling so much with money as I have to get taxis everywhere and my report outcome would have meant I got lowest care and enhanced mobility so could have got help with transport and things what about if they change that in the audit? I am so stressed it is unreal 

Comments

• wonkygurl
    Hi I am new here but here it goes I had my pip face to face at end of November and I got sent the report middle of December when I asked for it and I have called them a couple of times since to see if any decision has been made. The last time I called I got to speak to the case manager and he said my report has been sent for a audit and to cal back next week as it should be back by then so my question is how did I get sent a copy of my report if it has been sent for audit? Can they change my report in audit? And can they change it now I have been sent the report?  What does the audit mean? I am struggling so much with money as I have to get taxis everywhere and my report outcome would have meant I got lowest care and enhanced mobility so could have got help with transport and things what about if they change that in the audit? I am so stressed it is unreal 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @wonkygurl

A very warm welcome.

There is nothing to worry about, that your report is being audited, it’s done at random.

As you have the assessment report, you can check this with your award letter.

The audit is about the assessment process and not you.

Keep an eye on your bank account for payments for PIP, as these are often made before the award letter is sent.

Hope this helps.

Keep us informed.
  • wonkygurl
    Great thank you so chances are they won’t change what is on my report unless the lady has done her job wrong? I am so stressed over it all but the man said call back after new year and it should all be done so hopefully he will tell me over phone what has been done. I am no good with this stuff I just sit and worry and obsess over it ?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, you have nothing to worry about just because your acessment report has gone to audit. The audit is done on every so many reports to make sure a standard is being maintained and the acessors are doing their jobs or reporting correctly. Then will not and can not change your report and as you have a copy you can work out what your award may should be but the decision maker nearly always goes with the recommendation of the acessment report but you still have to wait for the official award letter notification letter.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wonkygurl, thanks for sharing this with us and I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling worried. I know the waiting time can be really difficult. I'm afraid I'm unsure of the answer to this myself, but hopefully our community members will be able to advise.
  • wonkygurl
    I called them yesterday and I have been awarded what it said I would in the report!! I was so happy I cried thanks for all your advise it looks like when in audit it takes about a month xx
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    @wonkygurl congratulations and well done 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.