If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Carer for my partner with CP, we need some guidance

auntienutnutauntienutnut Posts: 2Member Listener
edited January 2 in Cerebral Palsy
hello everyone, I have been a carer to the same man for 33 years and we are more like brother and sister, especially with the teasing of each other, he was 16 and I was 18. he is having issues with his hip and his tailbone as his butt isn't as rounded as mine. he has cp and all 4 limbs are affected and is non verbal. the pain is causing his spasms to get worse and having trouble to eat as, he cant open his mouth for me to give his gourmet breakfast. I suggested going on here to see if anyone is in the same boat and give us some guidance. thanks in advance.


  • steve51steve51 Posts: 5,879Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @auntienutnut

    Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today 🙏

    I am one off a team of “Community Champion’s” on our site.

    We have got many members here on our “Community”

    I do hope that they will be able to help you??? 

    Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you?????
  • auntienutnutauntienutnut Posts: 2Member Listener
    ok I will, im being good to my friend as im actually sorting him out while off duty and then I will get a cheeky email soon from him as im arsenal and he is Liverpool!

  • steve51steve51 Posts: 5,879Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @auntienutnut

    No probs !!!!!

    Please please let me know if there’s any problems !!!!!

    Opp’s best not talk about “football”
  • Richard_ScopeRichard_Scope Posts: 1,713Administrator Scope community team
    edited January 2
    Great to meet you! Your friend obviously has great taste in supporting Liverpool:smiley: 

    In terms of the pain in his hip, the first place I would go is to see the G.P. to explain the increased pain and spasms. The G.P. will be able to look at medication such as Baclofen to try and control the spasms and refer to an Occupational Therapist to look at his posture and try and find seating solutions. We have information on Swallowing that you might find helpful. Speech and Language Therapists will assess and advise about mechanical feeding problems. You can call your local speech and language therapy department and get a self-referral. Good luck and stay in touch.
    Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy
Sign in or join us to comment.