If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Fit note

RalphRalph Posts: 40Member Connected
edited January 2 in Universal Credit
Hi my wife has just claimed UC. As she’s disabled she has to produce a fit note. When filling in the claim form I indicated she looks after me, as she does, I have epilepsy but lost my my care component on the move from DLA to pip, kept high mobility. The journal says I have to produce a fit note too. As I get carers allowance for her as she gets care component of pip I should not be required to work anyway. 
Should I change the section on health so I don’t need a fit note, 4 weeks for a doctors appointment, or leave as is and eventually get a fit note.
I don’t want to mess things up. 
We have appointments this week with dwp to provide evidence of tenancy etc. Should I ask them?

Replies

• clarkjohnsonclarkjohnson Posts: 209Member Pioneering
    Hello there I'm on uc following cancer but was told I could look for work of 10 hours I'm 63 and basically nakerd . Uc seems to be very hard to understand I'm not very good with form s etc but there are people on here more educated who will help I'm sure they will be in touch 
  • RalphRalph Posts: 40Member Connected
    Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll ask them during my appointment which is the best route. 
Sign in or join us to comment.