failed medical — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

failed medical

Options
budgie
budgie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
i lost my ESA enhanced rate to nothing , i got depression , the man did not like me  he lied out his , bottom 
i don,t travel alone and have panic attack s i ask for the reconsider but no joy i have now gone over the appeal time i am on 
UVC , i feel like i don,t no what to do got no friends or help to salt this out  i am lost  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Enhanced rate? Do you mean Support Group for ESA?

When was the decision made on the MR? You actually have 13 months to request the Tribunal, with good reason. If the decision was made within this time then you need to get some advice an request the Tribunal.

As you've now claimed UC then you won't ever be able to go back onto ESA but you can still request the Tribunal.

Speak to your local welfare rights or law centre for face to face advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello poppy as you no I'm a newcomer on here it's all very recent to me so if I come across a bit muddled it's cause I am a bit . Worked all me life thought I'd make retirement but cancer put a stop to that got three years until state pension so ended up down the dole as we use to call it . So I've ended up on universel credit I get the basic 300 and odd and they pay most of the rent I live with brother who's retired and if it wasn't for him I think I'd be liveing on hula hoops . I didn't realise the grief the benifits system is causing people I went to an health assessment in Birmingham a very uneasy experience talking to someone I didn't no from Adam basically told her I'm old and passed my sell bye date but they said although they recognise my health condition I can do some sort of work hence uc I did the same job from 16 until 61 working in a machine shop my last job was two trains and a bus ride away and I wish I was still Doin it but unfortunately age and a brush with cancer I ain't quite the same . Anyhow they have told me to look for work of ten hours a week first thing come in me head was when I use to have a paper round donkey s year s ago . Anyhow keep up the good work I no you have to be the bearer of bad news sometimes but at least you no what yer on about c yah 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.