Wanting the world to be a better place — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wanting the world to be a better place

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hello I am feeling so angry and upset about the way the world is and with people disagreeing with me on certain things like when I only say that I want the world to be a better place and saying things in which are not very helpful like when I say that no one should be forced to do something they do not really like or do not want to do as this is so wrong because we should all be allowed to make our own choices in our own lives. I just want to be able to do something to make this world a better place even though I am not expecting the world to be completely perfect or expecting people to be completely perfect either in which I understand that but I just want more positives and no more negatives like no more war, no more curfews, no more violence, no more bullying, no more disabilities, no more being told what to do as I am sick of it now and also no more people being so unpleasant or unkind to each other. I want to be able to write to the government about my concerns and be able to stand up more for myself and tell everyone how I feel. I really want more things to be done to make this world a better place and to prevent a lot of negative things like abuse and neglect and bullying. Also I want everyone to treat 18-25 year olds more as adults and for them to have more rights and freedom of other adults too.
S.York

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Don’t we all, the fact of the matter is it’s not going to happen now or in the future, why because of mans selfishness and greed. If you are a Christian you will or may understand what I am going to write. A man went to Jesus and aske what I must do to get to Heaven. Jesus replied honour your father and mother, worship,the one only true God Jesus Christ obey the comandments . The young replied I have done all these thing since I as a boy, good said Jesus gomand sell all you have and give to the poor and come follow me. The young walked away sad because he was very rich and the thoughts of giving his wealth to the poor was not anything he thought of. Jesus also said I give you a new commandment, love one another as I have loved you. So until we can accept each other’s differences accept forgiveness and reconciliation to each other the world we live in is going to remain the same we will always have, the haves and have nots. We can all make a difference if we want to!!
  • Sholay09
    Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Sorry Wilko I don't mean to be rude but I do not find this very helpful at all. I was looking for a more helpful reply.
    S.York
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing this with us @Sholay09. You mention wanting to contact the government, have you thought about writing to your MP
  • Abruxajux
    Abruxajux Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Sholay09, I do sympathise with you, though I'm an oldie and I remember things seeming to be more accepting and tolerant when I was a child. I think that all we can really do is to try to make our own tiny little bit of the world a better place. I try to just be nice to people, to smile, to make peace within the family and friends, neighbours, my own community. Sometimes I get the opportunity to do someone a favour and when I can help a stranger I generally think "well that's made their day one tiny little bit better" and think that's about all I can do.

WRT writing to your MP, yes! do this, I used to work in Parliament (not an MP or researcher). Back then they said 10 letters from constituents on the same matter was a 'deluge'. That's not many letters when you think of how many constituents  there are. So if you feel strongly about something, find friends/acquaintances in your constituency and ask each of them to write to your MP. If you get 10 to do that (need to be different addresses) then your MP will take the matter more seriously and may even think it's a deluge.. Writing would, I imagine, include email.

Pick one topic  per contact.

Good luck!
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hello @Sholay09 Understand all of this. Why consider joining a political party or look at the work SCOPE are doing for our community.

This might also help you with other issues and problems you have discussed before.

Plenty of campaigns and voices needed out there .

I thought it also could be useful for you as a way to get involved in looking at the ways to change the perceptions of the communities we live in.

Every body needs a role a purpose in life. Mine is here supporting all of you. The community.

As a community champion.

By the way does not have to be SCOPE or a political party.

Salvation Army does a lot around the community and the world. Fighting poverty injustice and everything else. Many other organisations are similar

Being a volunteer done a lot of charity work so I know many opportunities out there.  Look on line . Life is a journey never know where you will end up.

Gave me confidence, self esteem.

Something to think about.

Take care.

@thespiceman .
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @Abruxajux!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.