Vestcula loop.. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vestcula loop..

Angantug
Angantug Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Anybody suffering with this condition?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Angantug welcome to the community! 

I have looked around our community and unfortunately have not found another member who has this, sorry.

Would  you like to tell us a bit more about Vascular Loop?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Angantug
    It's s main artery in the brain, by the side of your head just above the ear..it presses on the nerves in the canal which causes balance problems and vertigo.. it's extremely frightening as you never know when it's going to happen, can be violently vomiting to. Slight tilt of the head could kick it off. Can be days before I feel myself again.
  • Ami2301
    That does sound scary! When I started having hearing difficulties, my balance was horrendous. Constant tinnitus too. Audiologists are still unsure what the cause is.

Is there any treatment available for you?
  • Angantug
    Yes I suffer with that to. As you know it's worse at night. They given me medication for the sickness, and want to put me on amitriptyline, if that doesn't help operation, but the risks are to high and no brain surgeon will touch it. I had to sell my horse and I can't drive. Taken my license off me. I still working at the moment had to go to part time. Every single day it's a challenge. My work been very supportive and I thankful for that otherwise I have no income.
  • Ami2301
    Sorry to hear that, but it's really good that your work are being supportive! Have you considered applying for any benefits?
  • Angantug
    Tried to claim pip but the refused me. Even contested it still got turned down. My husband gone part time now as he about to retire. I am worried about the money side of things. I just wanted a bit of help. I never claimed for anything in my life always worked.
  • Ami2301
    It can be daunting when applying for benefits especially when you've never done it before.

Check out our handy benefits calculator  and read all the useful links provided. If you need any further help then please do let us know :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.