Student research - are you able to help please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Student research - are you able to help please?

OTStudent30
OTStudent30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi everyone,

I'm studying to be an occupational therapist and as part of my final year assignments I have to design a product. I have chosen to design something for people that have sensory issues.

This is purely theoretical, it won't actually be made so I hope it won't be a problem posting this?

I have chosen to design a vibrating elasticated wrist band which should act as proprioceptive feedback for those who are sensory seekers and would be part of a sensory diet.

1) Do you think this is something that would be useful for yourself or your child?

2) What sort of price would you be willing to pay for this product?

3) Do you think your child or yourself would tolerate wearing this wrist band?

4) Would you like to have something you could move up and down your arm?

Any other comments would also be appreciated  

Thanks so much! I'm quite new to sensory issues and autism, so anything would be most welcome!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.