What is your experience with continused pain after spinal fusion? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your experience with continused pain after spinal fusion?

dee65
dee65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I've just joined and I've been reading people's experiences and found them so interesting. I'm 53 and had spinal fusion 16 years ago, which was a complete success. However for the last 3 years I've been suffering with my back and neck, discs again. I am unable to have surgery on my back as it's the disc above the one I had fused that's causing the problems. Shards of bone have grown and due to scar tissue they can't operate. This year I have been offered fusion on my neck but due to my mobility issues I have put 6 stone on and I've got to loose 4 stone before they'll operate!! I also have a lot of pain in my hands and wear splints. I take a lot of pain killers including progabalin, morphine, and fentanol patches, but still suffer with pain daily, spending alot of time in bed. I'm being referred to a pain management team in Oswestry and would be interested if other members have found this useful.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dee65

Good Evening and Welcome ? ? ?

It's great to meet you today ? ? ? 

I have had Neuropathic Pain since 2005.

Sorry but I haven't been to Oswestry but I used to work at a rehab unit here in Birmingham.

I seem to remember that Oswestry used to come up most of the time ⌚ ⌚⌚

@steve51
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    Hi @dee65

Welcome to the community, It's great to have you here, thank you for joining us.
    I am sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing. I hope it all goes well in Oswestry. Let us know how it goes, if you can. Best wishes :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.