If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

physically unable to carry/post 79 statements

Hello, ESA3(IBR) form response was that must send statements from March 2014 to now. I asked the bank if an electronic version of (79) statements was possible; no. They're sending them out, but I won't be able to carry/post these statements. Went through with it, as surely telling the DWP I called the bank/tried to obtain electronic version/unable to post, will cover things? Surely it's an open secret that the DWP see everything electronically already?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 8,065Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hi,

I think the best thing to do here is to ring DWP and ask how they expect you to send all the statements in the post.
  • piglet101piglet101 Posts: 22Member Listener
    Thank you poppy123456. Appreciate response. Am not great on the phone, especially with DWP, but will work at psyching up for that.
  • wilkowilko Posts: 1,328Member Chatterbox
    That’s a lot of paperwork to send four years worth fifty pages plus maybe. Definitely phone the DWP and asked if you must send all maybe fifty pages.
    edited January 10
    Thanks wilko. The bank said I would need to go through the 79 statements myself in order to see the highest totals over the years; not sure I can mentally do that, but if I did a couple of pages at a time (have until Feb 5) maybe the dwp would accept a page showing the highest total [never above 4200, which was when received large back payment from DWP]? (am also on double enhanced pip, physical/mental issues)
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 8,065Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Even if the backpay did take you over the lower amount, it's disregarded for 52 weeks.

Thanks poppy123456. I didn't realise that took me over a limit; great to know that's disregarded. :-)
    Inspiration hit ... for anyone else unable to carry/post a big pile of statements, DPD will collect and deliver, which also has the bonus of proof of delivery. :-)
    Just to add the url for dpd collection: https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/services/parcel-collection ... and make sure to state contents are 'statements', as they have a ginormous list of things that can't be collected/delivered.

An update ... they didn't turn up on Friday. Maybe putting 'esa management' as the contact name, so it would be seen on the outside of the parcel, wasn't such a good idea ... some dislike anyone on benefits, no matter how disabled. Fingers crossed they turn up today.
    Just to warn people, it's been a nightmare ... 2nd collection worked, but saw on tracking that package held (correctly addressed/packaged). Chat wasn't helpful. Now seeing 'Parcel reconsigned for onward journey (Return To Consignor)'. Not 100% sure what that means, but it sounds like it's coming back to me. Hermes look to do collect/deliver, and I'm looking to see if Royal Mail do.
Sign in or join us to comment.