If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

worried about PIP decision

SAMandCHARLEYSAMandCHARLEY Posts: 8Member Listener
edited January 11 in PIP, DLA and AA
HI.  i am 69 and have been on disability for yrears and they told me then i would be on it for life because my condition would get worse and it has, now i had to have a woman come to see me to access me for this pip thing now i am so scared they are going to knock me of disability and give me nothing, so i got the report and it looks like double dutch so i cant tell whether its good or bad because i dont know what i am looking for, i am so scared of the decision

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 5,622Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hi,

Somewhere in the back of the report there should be boxes with dots. These are what the health care professional would have recommended you score during the assessment. You need to look at the PIP descriptor to add up what you may have scored, if anything. You can do this using the PIP self test here. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

All you need to do is put the dots in the same place on the self test as they are in the report. At the end the self test will add up any score you may have.

The usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. You will need to wait for a decision of course. Once a decision is made your DLA will stop 4 weeks later. If successful with the PIP then your PIP starts 4 weeks after that. Good luck.

• SAMandCHARLEYSAMandCHARLEY Posts: 8Member Listener
    Thank you so much for your reply, but i have looked at it again and there are no dots anywhere only the boxes she ticked
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,446Member Brian Blessed
    I really do hope that you have a better time of the PIP conversion than I did.
    I'm 70  and for the past 5 years I have had 3 PIP face to face assessments that resulted in no points, no award.
    This was despite being on DLA (High Mobility/High Care) since 1995.
    Like you my health is only going one way and that is downwards. Most of what is wrong with me will eventually kill me well before my time.

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 5,622Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Thank you so much for your reply, but i have looked at it again and there are no dots anywhere only the boxes she ticked
    It's those ticks you need to look at against the PIP descriptors in the link i posted above. If you do what i advised above then the self test will tell you what score, if anything was recommended.
    Thank you i have done it, but can you tell me do they go by what she says or do they change it
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,159Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @SAMandCHARLEY, thank you for sharing this with us and well done for getting through the assessment, I know they can be tough.

Unfortunately nobody can predict what your outcome will be, but fingers crossed you'll hear soon. Do keep us updated!
    Thank you so much and as soon as i hear anything i will let you know, but after talking to you in the first place i feel a bit easy now :)
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 160Member Chatterbox
    If you generally feel uncomfortable with your assessment I would ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Do the self test online and see what you get. How many boxes were ticked? 
Sign in or join us to comment.