If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Accident in supermarket, any advice?

SystemSystem Posts: 293 Scope community team
edited January 11 in Dealing with chronic pain
This discussion was created from comments split from: Help with accident where I stand legally.

Replies

• samahirasamahira Posts: 6Member Listener
    Hi 
    I slipped on a supermarket floor. There was no we floor warning. I landed on my bottom and put my right hand down to stop. I reported to them and they put a wet sign out. A first aider bandaged my right hand and said to see GP if pain gets worse. I visited GP next day and was prescribed pain killers. Anyway my pain is intense on back, right hand and right leg. 
    Appreciate any advice. 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,239Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @samahira, thanks for sharing this with us and I'm sorry to hear about your accident and your pain.

Are you looking for legal help with this? If so, there are some great links to relevant organisations on this Scope page.
  • AnkyieSponAnkyieSpon Posts: 95Member, Community champion Talkative
    Hi @samahira did the supermarket firstaider fill out an accident form or just treat you? They have to also fill out this form.
    I would actually visit hospital rather then gp so they can check you over better. If you are looking at a legal claim you also then have a record of a hospital visit but most importantly to see if you just have bruising or if in fact you have a serious injury. Good luck. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
    The first aider said she will fill out the form and I don’t need to do anything. I couldn’t see any bruises but the pain is just unbearable. 
    Hi 
    I spoke to the executive of the supermarket. He accepted the liability of the accident and offered me £250 worth vouchers. I declined and said I want compensation because I am suffering with pain and needing lots of help from family. He said their legal team will be in contact with me. Any advice will be appreciated. 
  • AnkyieSponAnkyieSpon Posts: 95Member, Community champion Talkative
    Hi @samahira i would ask for copy of form. In my opinion you were right to not accept the vouchers, clever, that way the lose nothing as you have to spend there. Keep us posted. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
Sign in or join us to comment.