Effects on PIP outcome — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Effects on PIP outcome

Options
LittleGizmo86
LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys,

I will try and keep this brief as i tend to ramble.

So i applied for PIP and it is currently with the Tribunal (they are getting my medical records).

I lost my job at the beginning of last year due to my medical conditions which sent me into a deep depression which i have meds and counselling for. I knew i wasnt up to going back to work with all that is going on but didnt want to sit around doing nothing so decided to apply for a university course to study part time distance learning. My GP wrote me a letter of support saying i would be best studying online due to my severe mental health and other physical disabilities mean i struggle to go out.

As they have my medical records they will be able to see this letter.

I am not sure how this is likely to affect me. Will they likely say i dont need PIP if i can study or will they be able to see further my struggles as i have to study online from home rather than on campus with support from my GP as i struggle to go out?

I am worried sick. I am doing quite well with this course only a few weeks in but im scared that it will be used against me.

Any advise would be great.

Kind regards,

Comments

• LittleGizmo86
    Options
    Oops didnt mean to put my name on @Scope_rosie please can this be editted so my name is removed? Thanks :)
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Oops dont think anyone checking posts so your names not been removed.
    May i suggest you change you "handle" if your worried about it 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP, is about your abilities and not illnesses or disability. How did you fair doing a self test on the PIP descriptors when you applied for PIP? You should have a few examples for  each of the descriptors that affect you when making a claim and be able to justify the examples you give at the acessment and tribunal.
  • LittleGizmo86
    Options
    Hi guys thanks for the replies. I faired well on the self test  sent lots of evidence and gave examples and a statement. But they made a total pigs ear of everything and it went through the complaints procedure before tribunal and an investigation launged about the assessor as she blatantly lied which directly contradicted my medical evidence. They called me to offer money to stop the tribunal but i told them where to stick their deal.

My disabilities dont conflict with the studies. My disabilities are sight loss, MS, artificial nutrition and severe anxiety/depression which stops me going out. This is why i applied to study online and it is what the GP wrote in the letter.

I am just worried they will decide if i can study then i am ok. You know what they are like :(

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.