Lower leg cramps — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lower leg cramps

Options
Matilda
Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
This might be of help to others who suffer from calf cramps. I have experienced lower leg cramps for many years and have now by chance found a solution.  I was prescribed co-codamol 30/500 for back pain and this medication also stops me feeling the leg cramps!  So wonderful to have relief from calf spasms!

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Amazing to hear this, @Matilda!

Gentle reminder to anybody reading this to discuss any potential changes to your medication or care with a professional, but so glad to hear you've found something that works for you! 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks, @Pippa_Scope.

Before the co-codamol I found that 5% CBD oil, massaged in, killed the cramps for several hours - but co-codamol provides relief for longer.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the information Maltilda, many will be looking into this, but please as Pippa says consult with the GP before you start amending or adding to your medication. I have found my local pharmacy very helpful in medication advice before involving my GP.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.