If you get turned down esa review do you claim income support and housing? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If you get turned down esa review do you claim income support and housing?

Options
Dotty123
Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
If you get turned down esa review do you claim income support and housing no one from dwp explains the bad news to you I can’t use my hands and can’t walk much how will I manage x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

No, it's not possible to claim Income support anymore because all areas are a full universal credit area. If you did get found fit for work then it would be universal credit. If you claimed UC then you won't be able to go back onto ESA.

There's at least a 5 week wait to receive your first payment when claiming UC for the first time. If you claim UC then your housing benefit will transfer to this, along with tax credits, if you claim it.

If you're found fit for work then come back to the forum to ask for advice, like i advised on your other thread. Then someone will advise you. Try not to think the worst because not everyone is found fit for work, even if it feels like they are.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you sorry for asking same question 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome and no worries :)Good luck with your ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    From @Dotty123 on another discussion:
    Poppy how do I contact esa my dr sent report in when went for medical woman said hasn’t got it it would of went somewhere else she should of had it with her on my ass day x
    @poppy123456, can you help?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.