My son — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son

Options
norris51
norris51 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello i got my son's pip paperwork today 
On the pionts system he got enhanced rete for mobility but got 6 for daily living needs 
Ive looked at the pionts  he got and the things i have to do for him have not been taken in to consideration 
Over all he got 6 pionts 
The system is a joke 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @norris51 and I am sorry to hear you arent happy with the PIP decision.

You can appeal the DWPs decision, you have to start with a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Apply for mandatory reconsideration

The best way to apply for a reconsideration is to use the CRMR1 mandatory reconsideration request form on GOV.UK, or write a letter to the DWP explaining why you disagree with the decision.

You can call the DWP to ask for a reconsideration, but it’s better to have everything in writing. If you decide to call, make sure you follow up with a letter. The contact details will be on the decision letter from DWP.

Check the date on your decision letter. You need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration within 1 month of that date. If you use the form or send a letter, the DWP will need to receive it within 1 month.

We also have a video about it here, let us know if we can help any further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • norris51
    Options
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello
    I recommend asking for a mandatory reconsideration. Read your letter carefully to see what the reasons were and also make certain that you know the date. You only have a month to respond to them. If you call them please request confirmation in writing too. Personally I think that it’s better to type a letter stating all of the reasons why you need DLA. 
    You’ll find contact information on the letter. Good luck. 
  • norris51
    Options
    Ive had a read of the paperwork i got from pip 
    And looking at the pionts he got 0 for washing and bathing .i help him with all that 
    And 0 for toilet needs again i help with that 
    And dressing 
    If i didn't organize his daily clothes out he would where the same for the day and night 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.