Buspasses & railcards — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Buspasses & railcards

Options
telscope
telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
I know many disabled people are aware of this, but many others are not. Being epileptic, I cannot drive, in case I had a seizure at the wheel, but because of this reason I am entitled to a bus pass & a railcard to get around. Free travel on the buses, which can be used individually or you can get one to use with your companion/carer & a 1/3 knocked off rail fares, which can also be used with a companion/carer/friend. They are useful when you want to go out. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks thank you for bring this information to our attention, I am sure many members will be making enquires about these offers. 
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Iv put this on here a few times. 
    Iv had both cards since the 90s. And yes they are very useful.
    I was told im too disabled to drive so the csrds  are a good way to get around. 

• KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Options
    My disabled rail card costs £20 per year but is worth it for the third off saving. Also got my bus pass a few years a go. The bus pass lasts for 5 years. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.