Dla pip&UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla pip&UC

mikeywic
mikeywic Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Q. i need your help to find a specific part of a document. I would like to find out How to migrate from DLA PiP to Universal Credit. I was forced to go onto Univetdsl Credit. Because they took away the ESA by stealth. However they say that UC gives you all thesame benefits but this is not true. I would be so grateful if you could assist me in finding the section of the rules that relate to migrating fŕom DLA PIP to UC and Disability awards. I am limited in what i can do because of my phone credits and the tarrif. I am unable to make my way to the library at present because i am not well. In any case i am unable to find the part of the legislation i am looking for can you please help? I Thank You

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    DLA and PIP benefits are not related or affected by claiming UC. The only difference is if you are claiming DLA which was accessed and awarded on your illnesses or disability, PIP is accessed on how your illnesses, disabilities effect, impact on your daily life in relation to the PIP descriptors. As for your phone tariff and on contract seek out a simm only plan plenty of good deals saw one today £20 per Month unlimited data, minutes and txts.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid what ever it is you're looking for doesn't exist. As wilko has said, DLA/ PIP and UC are all completely different benefits. If you're claiming DLA then you'll eventually be invited to claim PIP because PIP has replaced DLA.

UC has replaced 6 benefits. JSA, ESA, Income Support, Housing benefit and tax credits. As you're already claiming UC, i'm really not sure exactly what it is you're asking.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mikeywic
    How does UC Affect PIP
  • mikeywic
    So if i complete the disability form that ask the same questions that I got from UC It does not affect my PIP Award is this correct? I found out recently that i have a slow growing cancer. I no longer get the severe disability element that i was getting. On UC I get half of what i was entitled on ESA. I am concerned now that the same will happen with PIP S i do not know what i should do
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP and UC are completely different benefits. The form you're talking about is a work capability assessment form and you need to put how your conditions affect you down on the form. The reason your severe disability premium stopped is because it's not paid on UC.

Why did you claim UC? Were you found fit for work for ESA?

When you're being assessed for a work capability assessment it's nothing to do with your PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.