Carers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers

disabledkenny
disabledkenny Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Hi friends,
well I have had a bad couple of months, starting with carer issues, one of my carers has become disabled at age 53 so she is on sick for 28 weeks then going onto long term sick, but I am on the 5th carer (PA as social services now call them) I have 2 Asian carers that that one does not understand me, or read the list of printed out duties or able to cook English means, so on Monday will have to ring the broker up again, I would not mind it but all carers are never trained just a police check which is no good, I have reported them 3 ties to social services but still they are not improving so next week I have to change brokers, which is causing me stress to so much that on Thursday morning had a seizure because of my heart condition, which gets me worried as got a stroke condition as well as in December had a TIA. 
I have given this carer 2 weeks trail & so after the first week sat her down as on last Sunday she showered me & walked out 4 times so I said what was all that about she said well I was embarrassed, well, in that case, she should not be caring for male clients!
I would be interested in how many UK people have similar problems with there brokers, as I run & help disabled people in several groups that I run on Facebook & Google groups.
Many thanks, take care dear friends, Kenny.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.