I've been waiting for my PIP tribunal since April 2018, how long to i have to wait? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been waiting for my PIP tribunal since April 2018, how long to i have to wait?

Options
Blono321
Blono321 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m waiting on pip tribunal I been waiting since April 2018 I’m in Middlesbrough does anyone know how long I will have to wait for my court date thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Some people are waiting a year and more because backlogs in most areas are huge. Give HMCTS a ring and ask and they'll tell you approximately how much longer you'll have to wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Blono321! Great to have you here.

As Poppy says, waiting times vary between areas so do give them a ring and hopefully they'll be able to tell you more!
  • Blono321
    Options
    Thanks also if I get income related esa in the support group for me and my partner claims carers allowance is it best to stop claiming carers and claim as a couple for the severe disability premiem in esa it’s so confusing me and my partner live alone and I get low rate pip thanks again xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You only qualify for couples SDP if both of you claim either daily living PIP or mid/high rate care DLA, if you don't both claim either of those then you won't be entitled to the SDP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Blono321
    Options
  • Colino
    Colino Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    As above  , phone them ask if they can tell you what the waiting list is like 
    for my area Derbyshire it was about 12 months , but if you can get your GP or someone like that to write to the courts asking to bring it forward on the grounds that the waiting is making you worse it can help I did it and had mine in Jan this year 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Colino said:
    As above  , phone them ask if they can tell you what the waiting list is like 
    for my area Derbyshire it was about 12 months , but if you can get your GP or someone like that to write to the courts asking to bring it forward on the grounds that the waiting is making you worse it can help I did it and had mine in Jan this year 
    I appreciate that you were in that position, but the result of which has pushed others further down the waiting list.
  • Colino
    Colino Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Yadnad   i did not ask for my appeal to be brought forward and push anyone down the waiting list , my CPN and doctor decided to do it because of my mental  state getting worse due to the stress , they have monitored me from when I had PiP right through to losing it and saw my declining health , 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.