May have to give up work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

May have to give up work

minniemoo
minniemoo Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
hi I currently work 16 hrs ( I used to work full time until I became too ill) it’s getting to the point now where I’m realky struggling to cope with working due to my illness. I currently also claim WTC and I have just recently been awarded enhanced pip on both parts. I really have been doing my utmost best worked all my life from leaving school and my GP has now advised me with regards to working as it’s making me worse. Does anyone have any idea what I would be entitled to if I left work? I currently live with my partner we are both on min wage and he works less hrs to look after me he doesn’t claim caters allowance for me as I was told I would be worse off? I’ve never been out of work or claimed other benefits Thanks in advance min x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Firstly you need to see if SSP is payable if it is then you need to claim this for 28 weeks.

For your partner to claim carers allowance for looking after you then he must work less than 16 hours per week and earn no more than £120 per week after deductions.

For anything else then i'd advise a visit to your local CAB for a full benefits check.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • minniemoo
    minniemoo Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Thankyou @poppy123456 I will do that very much appreciated?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.