Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

esa claimant considering carers allowance

wild_onewild_one Member Posts: 91 Connected
I'm a esa claimant, council property and on HB and CTR. My elderly father claims attendance allowance at higher rate and as such wondered on the implication, financial or otherwise to me?

Regards

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,522 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Does your father live alone? If he does then you need to check if he's claiming the severe disability premium, on top of pension credit. If he is then you claiming carers allowance for looking after him will lose him this and possibly his pension credit. This means at least £64.30 per week but possibly more.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • wild_onewild_one Member Posts: 91 Connected
    Thanks  I'll check
Sign in or join us to comment.