If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Am I entitled to help?

SystemSystem Posts: 413 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Lucas2008uk!.

Replies

• Lucas2008ukLucas2008uk Posts: 5Member Listener
    Well I'm here ss need some advice or that as I have struggled with diverticulitis for years but it's got worse for me I'm now worried about being out and about and I get that pain were I need to go ASAP. Plus 2 years ago I was diagnosed with a form of ocd that has ruined me I have lost my job and I have turned into a person thats a shell of him self I went for pip b4 and was told no because I managed to get to the meeting by my self even tho its 5 mins away from my house and also told I was to polite. I'm just looking for help or to know if I'm entitled to it b4 I try again 
  • steve51steve51 Posts: 5,859Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lucas2008uk

Good Evening it’s great to meet you this evening.

I am sorry to hear about your your “pip”

Have you done anything further with your pip decision as yet????

Please please let me know if I can help you with anything???

@steve51 
    No I left it alown and been scared of trying to claim it again. I have been told I should be able to get it as I'm now on meds for my ocd and I suffer with diverticulitis.
    Hi @Lucus2008uk

Thanks.

When did you have the assessment????

Yes it is worth trying for again if you want??

We have got some great info & advice on here which is well worth a good look 👀 

Please please let me know how you feel???

@steve51 

I'll go and try for it again and thanks I'll take a look around and read on posts. I had my assessment a good while ago was mad as I went for pip and esa. Pip was like hmmm u made it here on your own and ur polite so no even tho it's like one long road from mine to were the meeting was .When I went for the esa one my wife came with me as it was in liverpool and I had a list of the doc with a small medical thing sayi g when I had been diagnosed stuff witch I didn't have when I went for pip 
    Hi @Lucas2008uk

That’s great please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with??????

Both esa & pip are completely different benefits so I can help you go through them.

@steve51 
    OK thank you I'll let u know if I need any help 
    Hi @Lucas2008uk

That’s Great 😀😃😃

@steve51 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 14,875Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When was the decision made on the PIP claim? Did you request the mandatory reconsideration then Tribunal if that failed? If not, was there any reasons why you didn't?

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out the activities based on the PIP descriptors.

To constantly re-apply using the same evidence you previously used is very likely going to see you being refused again. Requesting the MR then Tribunal is the only answer when you're refused.
Sign in or join us to comment.