Social Services Care plans — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Social Services Care plans

Options
kazzy1
kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi just wondered at what stage are you made privy to the content of your care plan .... I've requested a copy but evidently it hasn't been signed off? I was under the impression that you saw a draft of it along with level and amount of suggested direct payments for care?
Ive been fobbed off for over a year now, had 3 different social workers all because they do not want to fund my level of care. Incidentally I moved to this council with a substantial care package that I'm fairly sure they do not wish to continue.
So basically, is it all agreed, signed off then I get to see it .... or should I see it in draft stage so any amendments can be done?
Thanks x

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, you may wish to download the 2014 care act from the government site it is a long but interesting read, should you download read what’s applies to yourself there are other downloadable information available and councils have a duty of care towards providing care in the cumunity and homes of those who,require or request it and a lot of cases the council should not or must not cap the funding.
  • kazzy1
    kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Thanks I've read the whole thing. Problem is I think the council are trying to railroad through their idea of my requirements without allowing me to see a copy prior to signing it all off.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.