Hi, my name is MirandaQ! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MirandaQ!

MirandaQ
MirandaQ Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Thank you for allowing me into your community.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MirandaQ welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MirandaQ, and welcome! Great to have you here :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MirandaQ

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

I am one off a number off “Community “Champion’s?

We are all here to help & assist any new members?

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with?????

@steve51
  • MirandaQ
    Thank you for your warm welcome.  Approx 5 years ago I became ill after which I noticed a huge problem with my memory.  I had many MRI/Cat scans and tests for dementia, however, the final verdict was ME/CFS.  This was difficult enough to cope with as I relied heavily on my memory, I went from hyperphantasis to aphantasia (having a visual "minds eye" to visualisation - even family faces) along with the effect on my short term memory.  Then about 18 months ago began the physical symptoms; plantar fasciitis, vertigo, severe back ache, painful joints and muscles, chronic fatigue this has now escalated to the point to where many days I am bed bound and the other days I can only just manage to get downstairs. I haven't been out of the house since Christmas.  Hopefully this is my illness at it's worst but guess only time will tell.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MirandaQ

No probs it’s my Pleasure ??

Yes since my “Stroke Brain Haemorrhage & Operation’s.

My memory is completely gone.

Yes things have “Nose Dived” ever since.

Please please have a good look ? around.

If you need any help/support please let me know know❓❓

@steve51

• MirandaQ
    Hi Steve,  You don't realise important your memory is until its gone.  Then the body suddenly notices that something is wrong and decides to join in sounding the alarm bells.  I have been having a look round,  there's lots of useful information here, thank you. :smile:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.