Hi, my name is AntonHealth! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AntonHealth!

Options
AntonHealth
AntonHealth Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello. My name is Anthony. I have learning difficulty, Mental Health Issues, depression and undiagnosed autism! I have a lifelong mental health disability which I currently claim DLA! I had a mini stroke 2 days before Christmas last year! So my health has gone downhill! But, when I rang the DWP telling them about my change of condition but when I told them this! I was made to apply for PIP by a lady who sounded a bit of a bully! I filled out a form with help, I had a text last Wednesday saying that they have received all the paperwork and it's has been passed on to the assessor and I am a bag of nerves and my paranoia has gone through the roof cause of this! I am waiting to see if I have to have an assessment? I am trying not to get over paranoid cause of my mini stroke! I was diagnosed with Paranoid schizophrenia in 2003 and I have osteoarthritis in both of my knees and my foot as well! I am employed as well but I have been off long term sick but my job has been left open for me too come back?

It probably wont make much difference if I have a job which is part-time!

I did ring the DWP 31/1/19 telling them about my high paranoia and I easily get stressed!

I probably won't get an assessment for a while but all I want is a fair assessment and a fair outcome?

I am a bag of nerves now but there is not a lot I can do now?

Have a good day! 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @AntonHealth   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry what you are going through. Many members have ben through similar experiences including myself.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

Please can I ask who is supporting you through this?. Do you have mental health support?

Please can I advise if you have support keep in touch.  I know when I had my assessment the support team I had we vital in making sure I was OK.

Especially my floating support. Gave me a lot of reassurance and did help.

I have mental health issues.

One point if you do not have support for your mental health . Try to find some support for your self.

I used this charity last time.  

https:// www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

We are here to support you. You are not alone.  Please ask if we can help and be supportive.

Always some one here to listen.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • AntonHealth
    Options
    Hello thespiceman. Thank you for you kind message and to answer your question! Yes, I do support from the Sutton IAPT team and I also get support from a charity called choice support and they are really good. The reason why I came on this group is to seek advice about PIP cause I am applying for it and I am just waiting to see what happens? Thank you once again?

Anthony.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @AntonHealth Thank you for reply.

Have a look at our information, advice and posts from members on our website.

Talk about PIP/DLA which you may find useful.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • AntonHealth
    Options
    Thank you again thespiceman
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AntonHealth, and a warm welcome to the community!

Wishing you all the best with whatever happens next: it sounds like you've been really proactive and you're as prepared as possible. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can. If you have any questions, you may like to post them in our PIP/DLA discussions.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.