Continuing health plan — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Continuing health plan

AmyRainbow76
AmyRainbow76 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Anyone know an expert?

i had an assessment in October 2017 and qualified, but haven’t recieved a penny. We tried working with Hampshire and we tried having a carer coming in a couple of times a day, but they couldn’t wash me, or administer medication, or even check my blood sugar levels. They came at times when I wasn’t even awake, it was farcical. Then they found out we had plans to move out of county they put the breaks on everything.
We finally moved in August 2018. We contacted adult services after Hampshire advised us the care package would be ready and waiting for us.when we arrived. As you can probably guess this wasn’t the case. They had no knowledge of my case or needs, my name wasn’t on their books, and they worked completely differently to Hampshire.

So here we are almost 6 months later and still no care package in place, Although we’ve had 2 different social workers we’ve still ha no care, and my husband can’t start Looking for work!

please don’t get me wrong but be8bg with my husband 24/7 is going to be the death of one or both of us.

Everyone else’s claim seems to be so smoothly: what are we doing wrong?

Please help x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

What assessment did you have, was it a needs assessment or a carers assessment? Once this is complete a care plan is written and a personal budget will be given but this is based on circumstances.

Once the person budget has been decided you can choose how you receive it.
    You can ask your local council to either
    • manage your personal budget for you
    • pay the money to another organisation – such as a care provider
    • pay the money directly to you or someone you choose – this is known as a direct payment
    Full details here in this link.

Since you moved, do you have a social worker? Have they told you why no care is set up? The only thing you can do really is ring your social services department on Monday morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AmyRainbow76
    AmyRainbow76 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    We asked for direct payments, but they just kept stalling and using my disability against me. They knew I was too ill t9 chase them up.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    The money to pay for the care you received must have been coming from somewhere. Seems like your local council was paying for this directly, rather than you receiving it as a direct payment. This to me is far easier than receiving a direct payment.

If you employ a carer yourself and receive the direct payment then there's business insurance, wage slips, time sheets and HMRC to think about. For all this it's better to use payroll and pay them. There's so many things to think about when using direct payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.