ESA failed medical questions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA failed medical questions

Bitbasher
Bitbasher Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Guys,

I'm anticipating failing my imminent ESA medical (because many wrongly do), as I've failed a couple several years ago but won on appeal at tribunal.

I'm currently in the support group, but have previously been in work related for the most part, and have a couple of questions regarding income during the mandatory reconsideration & appeals process that I'm confused about;

Am I correct in thinking that no payments will be made while applying for a mandatory reconsideration as per the situation years ago?

Also, I've read somewhere that payments resume at the assessment rate as soon as an appeal is lodged at Tribunal, however, if a person has been found fit for work previously (like myself before Tribunal reversed decision), he/she won't be eligible for a penny in the process.

Can somebody please shed some light on this, and particularly indicate how my payment situation stands - as the DWP found me fit for work a couple of times many years ago, before the Tribunal hearing reversed their decision.

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    It’s hard one when you find out outcome if your fit for work you go on if but if go on there you can’t go back to esa and you get paid very little if you go tribunal you get payments again but you get very little I think that’s right good luck 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.