Hi, my name is bambideer! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bambideer!

Options
bambideer
bambideer Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, to everyone I have literally just joined. ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bambideer welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • bambideer
    Options
    Hi Ami, I'm Carol and I suffer from arthritis and curvature of the spine and have the start of dementia so in a bit of a pickle lol, although I do everything for myself I find it difficult but hey ho . I have two dogs that are my life and make me get up and do all I do, Despite my predicament I don't let it get ne down and I help some friends who have disabilities and helped set up a coffee club for anyone who would like to go it's totally free and we also run a small food bank. 
  • bambideer
    Options
    Oh I'm a fighter was brought up that way was told as a child if you want something then it's down to you because no one will give it to you that now has made me strong so I don't have to relie on anyone. So what about you Ami ? By the way that is a lovely photo of you and the gent.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Love your positivity! Aww thank you, that's my fiance, we are getting married in Seltember!

I have Transverse Myelitis which is a rare neurological condition, my spinal cord became inflamed which led to me losing the ability to sit up, stand up and walk. I have Ataxia, hearing difficulties and central vision loss. I will be here all night if I give you my full medical history lol!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @bambideer

How are you doing today?

You may find our Neurological conditions and dealing with chronic pain discussions pages useful.

That's the spirit, keep it up! I love that you're involved with the food bank and coffee club. You may be interested in our coffee lounge :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bambideer

“Welcome”

Wow it’s great to hear ? your positivity?

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with ❓❓

@steve51
  • bambideer
    Options
    Thankyou Steve that is so kind of you and will keep that in mind. Carol. ?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bambideer

No Probs, I will be here for you!!!!!!

@steve51

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.