Hi, my name is Tonylorenzo! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tonylorenzo!

Tonylorenzo
Tonylorenzo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2019 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hello everyone, I am desperately trying to find help, I suffer with sever mental health, I have a colostomy fitted, I have a very large double parastomal hernia rupture, I have a continuous trapped nerve in my spine lower back left leg, I have arthritis in my fingers and elbow, I overdose on a regular basis I have carers coming in to my home every day to give me my medicine I have social workers but they never help me, I cant fill out forms because of my mental health I just end up taking more tablets and overdosing, I went for my pip assessment in my wheel chair my friend pushed me in, I was left waiting an hour I did my assessment it took nearly 2 hours my fingers are strapped up including my arms for the arthritis, my stomach swelled like a balloon my arms and hands swollen to the point I couldn't move my fingers or wrists, I told the assessor I was suffering stress injury and harm in the interview, she said if we stop the interview I would be discharged, I got my letter back and she negated to tell the dwp that I suffered during the interview I shown her my arms and hands were swollen and my tummy to the point of incredibal pain, it was complete torture I felt I was in an abattoir my daughter photographed my hands when I got back out of the assessment into my daughters car who took me to the assessment, the photos are horrific to look at. I reaaly need help otherwise I will commit suicide if I cant fill anyforms in its hurting my head I have no one to help me    

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tonylorenzo welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear what has happened.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.  

Let's take this one step at a time, we will help you :)

When did you receive the assessors report?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tonylorenzo

my son and daughter here now I still feel terrible, though I might go and have a sleep for a while thankyou I got my report a few weks ago they sai that they sent it but didn't then I rand then up and asked why the lady lied about the harm I suffered I was in so much pain I can still feel it know I cant sit for more thn half hour in chair without my tummy swelling no one helps no one taks resposibilty they want me to fill a mandatory form in I cant do it with my mental health I had to send the form back by the 27th January I called them they give me an exstention to the 23 feb, their asking for things I cant find or don't know how to get like lists of this and thatmy mental health wont let me coordinate the answers they want they said my money will stop if I don't get back in touch wuth them by the said time, they are totally aware of my conditions I cant dress my lower half I cant bend down I cant cook meels I leave the gas on so my son switched it off I have evidence for everything surgeons doctors arthritis people at the hospital my carers and social workers I cant open thing I have no grip I took all the evidence and they didn't even look at it whe having my assessment thank you for your help

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Ok, could your daughter or son go with you to visit your local CAB? They can give you advice and help you fill out forms.

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry about it tonight, get some rest and we will tackle this together tomorrow :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tonylorenzo

I Thank you, I have already been to the CAB, Anthony Nolan Trust, Infinity, and they didn't help one little bit ... but I thank you for your response, I respect the people who help, as I help others if I can, no one takes resposiblity in a position of trust ... thank you I appreciate the chat, Tony

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Hi @Tonylorenzo

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear what you have been going through.

How are you doing today?

As @Ami2301 has mentioned please call the relevant numbers if you're feeling suicidal. 

Please keep us updated. Best wishes ;)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tonylorenzo
    I just wanted to comment as I have an ileostomy bag and a large parastomal hernia, I suffer with awful joint pain due to Ulcerative Colitis and so in some way I know where you are coming from.

The PIP assessments can be so stressful and I am so sorry that you didnt get the outcome you wanted. I also understand that the thought of going through a Mandatory reconsideration can just feel so overwhelming.

You say you have all the evidence, did you send that off with your initial PIP form? 

Could your son or daughter help you with the MR, I know it feels like too big a mountain to climb right now, and we understand that it feels so unfair to put you through it but if they have made a mistake this is the only way to sort your benefits out.

I know the form looks tough, If you need advice on completing this, call 0300 123 1142.

You can download Form SSCS1 or get a paper copy from your local Citizen's Advice Bureau and Jobcentre Plus office.

You must complete sections 1, 2, 5, 6 and 8. Use black ink and block capitals.

Section 5 is where you must state your reasons for your appeal. You must write down the reasons why you think the decision is wrong. Your reasons do not have to be lengthy or written in legal language, but you need to say more than just 'I disagree'. Explain simply why you think the decision is incorrect and what you believe the correct decision should be.

Send your appeal to HM Courts and Tribunals Service. If you live in England or Wales you should send your appeal to:

HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre
    PO Box 1203
    Bradford
    BD1 9WP

Do not forget to sign the form and enclose your mandatory reconsideration decision letter.

There is a document here you can download which talks you through how to fill in the MR form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9eTgNyPo9Q 

Im sorry we cant do more, but know that there are lots of people who care, and we are here on the community if we can help answering any more questions.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.