Education and learning
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

I am looking for a training course

DebPDebP Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2019 in Education and learning
I am a support worker for LD adults. I work with several individuals with Cerebral Palsy. I am looking for training courses to help


  • Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Member Posts: 1,783 Pioneering
    Hi @DebP

    Welcome to the community. I you been in touch with your local colleges, universities or libraries?
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    Have you contacted your local colleges yet? Quite often they will run courses for people with disabilities. Another option is to see if there are any formal qualifications that are run by universities or colleges. Additionally you can try enquiring at the local library as well. If you write to your local college they should definitely be able to help you.
    Good luck with your studies!! Also I suggest talking with a career advisor as well. They can provide advice. Definitely get in contact with universities and colleges.
    Are you considering a new career opportunity or something? 
  • Richard_ScopeRichard_Scope Administrator Posts: 2,168 Scope community team
    Hi @DebP
    What type of support work are you doing? Are you looking for more information about Cerebral Palsy?

    Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy
  • DebPDebP Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you all. I am looking for more information on CP for the Charity I work for. They would like to do a company training course
  • Richard_ScopeRichard_Scope Administrator Posts: 2,168 Scope community team
    Good morning @DebP
    We have some information about CP here. In case you haven't already seen it. Is the company training course to help staff work with adults?

    Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy
  • DebPDebP Member Posts: 4 Listener
  • Richard_ScopeRichard_Scope Administrator Posts: 2,168 Scope community team
    I have emailed you some links.

    Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy
  • DebPDebP Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you. Very helpful
  • vysvadervysvader Member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited April 2019
    I guess that you search for professional certifications (that they can do from their home) and distance learning programs from universities. The vast majority of the UK universities offer distance learning programs with a normally recognized degree, the negative thing is the ability to get a student loan, etc. If the financing is not the matter then it should be easy, you don't have any hard role... Just "send them" (it'd be a typical distance learning program that runs in each one of EU countries and the US for the last one century) to universities for certifications and degrees.

    If movement is the only issue then no special support is needed, I don't have it either and am fine on 3 fronts. All at the same time, I study in a full-time program against a normal Bachelor's in computer science + I study against a professional certification in data science from IBM (a 1/2 year study, then other certs) + I normally work on full-time in a normal job (+ sometimes, I take a freelance work) : ) and will need to add a volunteering/internship. If I can then can everyone? I think so... And you? Someone would think so. But surely, they can do one of the things, easily.

    Best regards,
    J. Vysvader
    You can feel free to get in touch 
  • Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member, Community champion Posts: 496 Pioneering
    There's alot of online distance courses you can do. I'll find the link and post if you like 
  • driveeegermanydriveeegermany Member Posts: 1 Listener

    "From 1 January 2020, the assumed yearly necessity that must be paid into the blocked record when applying for a visa will increment to 10,236 euros. This expanded sum applies Bachelors degree in germany to all visa applications submitted from 1 September 2019," the Federal Foreign Office said in a notice distributed on their site.

  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 9,320 Scope community team
    Hi @driveeegermany and welcome to the community!

    Thank you for sharing this :)
    Community Partner
Sign in or join us to comment.