If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Social worker issues

April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 204Member Chatterbox
So I met with a new social worker the other day in my flat. She was there to help me apply to social services for more adaptive equipment for DS and DD. Supposedly so. 
She kept making me feel uncomfortable and asked me a lot of inappropriate questions. For several minutes I was answering endless questions about their disabilities and how much it impacted our lives. It honestly felt like I was filling out the dreaded DLA form once again. 
I got the impression she had not read their notes. My question is it a good idea to complain about her? What is the best way to do so? Plus she smelled of alcohol too. I don’t want someone who can’t do their job properly. We recently moved to a new area and were assigned a previously unmet social worker over Christmas time. Until last week I didn’t have any chance of meeting her.
My son’s first ever social worker was amazing. She helped me fill out the paperwork, complimented me and actually read their notes before visiting us. I guess I’ve been spoiled by the system.
I have sent social services a email describing the meeting. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 8,467Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hi,

They have to ask questions to get a picture of the difficulties experienced in their life. It can often feel like you're being intimidated by the questions they ask but try not to look into this too much. They are there to help.

However, smelling of alcohol is not good and most certainly not very professional. For this reason yes you should most definitely make a formal complaint to your local council about this social worker.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 204Member Chatterbox
    Thank you. I’ve contacted my local council to make a official complaint about the social worker. I’ve also requested a new one. 
Sign in or join us to comment.