I just want to know a few opinions about how people feel about disabled bloggers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I just want to know a few opinions about how people feel about disabled bloggers

Options
rabiaak
rabiaak Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in Research and opportunities
Hi there, I'm a journalism student at MMU and currently working on writing a article about confidence and inspiration for people with a disability. I just want to know a few opinions about how people feel about bloggers with a disability trying to inspire people to be more confident about themselves. Nothing will be published, let me know what you guys think! Thank you :) 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rabiaak welcome to the community! 

@Sam_Scope, @Pippa_Scope and myself are bloggers. 

I don't write in the hope to inspire others, instead my aim is to share my story and to raise awareness. I write about how I have coped with various emotions with what I have been through and if that helps another person to realise they are not alone then brilliant!

Overall, i don't think it's because we want to inspire others but we do want to support each other ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Couldn't have put it better myself, @Ami2301!

If you inspire people along the way that's great, but it's definitely never been my intention/ primary purpose for blogging. Best of luck with your research!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree, it's not about inspiring but talking about my life in the hope of creating more awareness and letting others in a similar situation that they arent alone. Often it is also just very cathartic for me to write it all down :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • rabiaak
    rabiaak Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Just wanted to ask opinions on the fashion blogger Sophie Bradbury Cox on Instagram. She is promoting body diversity in the fashion world especially women with a disability! Let me know your thoughts, thank you :smiley:  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.