Need advice with IR ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advice with IR ESA

Options
monkeygirl58
monkeygirl58 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello everyone ...I  received the ESA A3 form on November 2nd 2018,sent it back back which DW confirmed they has received on the 6th November 2018. I then got a letter on the 14th of December telling me I was not entitled ESA9IR) as I had not replied to a letter asking for further information, I rang and told them I had NOT received such a letter and was told I would receive a new form. 2weeks later I rang again to ask where this new form was to be told :don't worry we,ll send another 1 !! 

as I do have quite severe anxiety and depression issues I rang yet again to be told that a decision had been made and that was that to which I asked where this 3rd requested form was.
UnfortunatelyI had to get quite forceful to the person on the phone whom kept talking over me
and got him to agree to resend a blessed form.
I confess that I do not really understand the criteria to be entitled to IR especially the means testing part …. 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @monkeygirl58

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear this, as I know it can be stressful.

You may find our Employment and Support Allowance page helpful. Some of our members may be able to support you too.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You can request this form to be filled in on the phone.

For the income related top up they assess your circumstances. If you live with a partner that works, have capital/savings or income from a pension are all things they look at when assessing for the Income related top up.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.