If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Scope has a new website

Deb_ScopeDeb_Scope Posts: 102Member, Administrator Scope community team
edited February 14 in Community news

The Scope new website has gone live today. The new site proves that accessible websites don't have to be plain and boring. 

It brings the new brand to life and the photography really has impact, but still ensures the information is really clear on the page and easy to navigate with a keyboard or screen reader.

The Community functions are unchanged, we just have a new look and all the categories and discussions are still there for you to communicate on, our Community Champions, advisers and Scope staff are available to provide support and advise when you need it.

You will find the navigation from the home page of the new site has changed slightly, but we are still easy to find under the Advice and Support tab.

If anyone experiences any problems with access please drop us a line at [email protected] and we will be here to help.

Debbie
Online Community Manager

Replies

• Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 655Member Chatterbox
    edited February 7
    @Deb_Scope love the fresh new look👍🏻 Well done team Scope⭐️

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

"This must not be allowed to happen"

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has published a contract notice announcing its plans for a £3.1billion revamp of heath checks for Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and other benefits.

PIP is not ESA or even UC, having one assessment for those benefits is morally wrong to treat them as ONE size fits all with that one assessment.

I have fully stated and justifies what the DWP’s aim is here, and its not certainly for the care of the claimant or the vulnerable.

Yes I fully agree the assessment process needs to be improved on many accounts and this is certainly not the way to do it. 

As its been mentioned on here, and in the press now has raised grave concern and bought this into question, it’s clearly not right what this Government, the DWP, and the secretary for work & pensions is outlining regarding this proposal to change in having “ONE” assessment for all these benefits, you must also have to bear in mind too if you fail this one said assessment, your open to loose all your benefits which is quite clearly wrong, as we also know assessors can look at your claim and think I will fail this claimant because he/she may be getting to much in benefits etc, so in effect they could just be very cruel and fail and lie in the assessment to deprive the said claimant(s) etc. 

I’ve sent them further evidence stating that this is so wrong on many accounts.

I will not let this go as a matter of principal.

• thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 3,928Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hello @Deb_Scope ; Please can I congratulate you all for new website. Just getting the hang of it.

Understand the need for changes. I think that is a vast improvement.  In help and advising any one who comes on.  Wanting the support and information they need.

Much easier.  All excellent in my opinion.

Look forward to supporting any body who has any problems or issues .As community champion.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
  • Deb_ScopeDeb_Scope Posts: 102Member, Administrator Scope community team
    @thespiceman thank you for your positive feedback.  I will make sure that is shared, as the team that have worked on the new website will be very pleased to read this.  Never any doubt about your continued support as a community champion :) and please take care as well.

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
    @Government_needs_reform so pleased that you feel positive about the new website.  I will share your feedback with the website team, they will appreciate your thumbs up :)

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
    edited February 7
    Deb_Scope said:
    @Government_needs_reform so pleased that you feel positive about the new website.  I will share your feedback with the website team, they will appreciate your thumbs up :)

Most welcome @Deb_Scope glad to give you all some input regarding the website⭐️

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has published a contract notice announcing its plans for a £3.1billion revamp of heath checks for Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and other benefits.

PIP is not ESA or even UC, having one assessment for those benefits is morally wrong to treat them as ONE size fits all with that one assessment.

I have fully stated and justifies what the DWP’s aim is here, and its not certainly for the care of the claimant or the vulnerable.

Yes I fully agree the assessment process needs to be improved on many accounts and this is certainly not the way to do it. 

As its been mentioned on here, and in the press now has raised grave concern and bought this into question, it’s clearly not right what this Government, the DWP, and the secretary for work & pensions is outlining regarding this proposal to change in having “ONE” assessment for all these benefits, you must also have to bear in mind too if you fail this one said assessment, your open to loose all your benefits which is quite clearly wrong, as we also know assessors can look at your claim and think I will fail this claimant because he/she may be getting to much in benefits etc, so in effect they could just be very cruel and fail and lie in the assessment to deprive the said claimant(s) etc. 

• emmarenshawemmarenshaw Posts: 60Member, Community champion Whisperer
    Hi @Deb_Scope The new website looks so nice. Thank you Scope Team.
    @Deb_Scope it's not an issue you removing it. 

You may now slap me with a wet fish or two😂😂😂

Ive provided you with the fish

🆗😀

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

@Government_needs_reform thank you, but wet fish not needed :) 

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
    Deb_Scope said:
    @Government_needs_reform thank you, but wet fish not needed :) 

Thanks @Deb_scope we will in that case keep the fish slapping as optional in future🤣🤣🤣🤣 take care👍🏻

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

• BenistmonkBenistmonk Posts: 326Member Chatterbox
    Where is this new website?
  • Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 1,334Member, Administrator Scope community team
    edited February 7
    Loving the look of the new website! @Deb_Scope
  • thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 3,928Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    edited February 7
    Hello @Benistmonk Your on the new website in answer to your question.

In previous incarnations the SCOPE website was different. Had the layout and design altered.   Started with lettering and much of the format.

As you have not been on here that long.  May I advise you on anything. Happy to help and be supportive.

Please ask any questions any of the team or community champions. I am one of the community champions.  Be glad to guide you.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

@thespiceman
  • BenistmonkBenistmonk Posts: 326Member Chatterbox
    Thanks Spiceman, that explains it, not having been here that long, it was probably changed when I joined. I'll have to wait for the next update to notice any difference.
Sign in or join us to comment.