Should I be on ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I be on ESA?

KMcL
KMcL Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have been on top scale PIP with top mobility since November 2017 ,, I also Recieve Income Support,,, which is not much,,, I was told by a friend I should be on ESA and I'm not getting the benifits I'm entitled too ,, can anyone help 

Comments

• Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    Hi @KMcL

Great to meet you and a warm welcome to our community.

You may find our Employment and Support Allowance page useful

Do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

All the best 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

What is the reason why you're claiming Income support. Do you claim Carers allowance for looking after someone or do you have a dependent child under the age of 5?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KMcL
    Yes I get carers for my disabled son 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately because all areas are now a full UC are then you won't be able to claim Income related ESA, it will have to be UC. My advice is to stay on Income.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KMcL
    Thank you i will do as I've heard so many horror story's about UC 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.