pip appeal decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip appeal decision

cloe1
cloe1 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
been awarded standard daily living component is it  likely that if i contact esa on monday and send them proof of this that they will drop there appeal as online it states if you get this category your entitled to other things as well  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news on the PIP award. Unfortunately, this award won't make any difference to your ESA claim because they're 2 completely different benefits.

The other things it entitles you to is the premiums on ESA/Income Support and JSA, it doesn't automatically entitle you to be placed into one of the groups for ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cloe1
    so if i contact them how do i claim the premiums for esa until a descion is made on that appeal 
  • cloe1
    also will giving that information on the pip case  outcome to the people dealing with esa one have any impact at all 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    There's a premium called severe disability premium that can be claimed but there's criteria to this. You must live alone or be classed as living alone, to be be eligible for this.

If you qualify for the SDP then you'll need to wait for DWP to contact you about your Tribunal win before being able to claim it. It can take 8 weeks for any backdated money to be paid after a Tribunal win.

I highly doubt it will help your ESA claim because the criteria is completely different but there's no harm in sending that decision to the Tribunal for your ESA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.