If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How can we get our complaints taken seriously?

Appaloosa1_Appaloosa1_ Posts: 2Member Listener
edited February 12 in Parents and carers
Hi, I am mum to a 30yr old young man with Autism & challenging behaviour. My son lives in supported living with 24/7 support. Sadly my son has been left a broken young man following physical, mental & financial abuse by his previous care provider.
We raised 6 safeguardings in 4 months, involved CQC, commissioners, the Ombudsman, the police and finally our MP. 
I find it hard to comprehend how some Care Providers can fail to provide even the barest minimum of care and are purely profit led. These companies are paid vast amounts in funding but choose to employ staff with no experience, who lack competence, lack confidence and have no compassion.
Thankfully my son has a family who will stand up and fight for him but who fights for those with no family ?
Who polices these companies as we found little evidence of our complaints being taken seriously.

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 3,928Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hello @Appaloosa1_ Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry what has happened.  There will be many members of our community. Who can identify what you have experiencing.

I am one of the community champions who guide and advise, help new members. Who join.

I know from my own personal experiences with former friends.  In the care system.  Spending majority of my time assisting them and getting the problems sorted out If and when they arose.  

Myself having my own mental health issues and associated difficulties.

We are here to support you. Please ask if we can help.  Some one will know in our community.  A member of our team be in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
  • Appaloosa1_Appaloosa1_ Posts: 2Member Listener
    Hi @thespiceman, thanks for your reply. My o/half is a Mental Health Nurse & his input has been invaluable in tackling the abuse my son has been subjected to. I'm also not afraid to stand up and challenge but even with all our combined experience & knowledge taking on a big company seemed to get us nowhere.
    Thankfully we found a new Care Provider for my son but the trauma & stress he suffered will take a long time for him to recover from. 
  • Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 1,334Member, Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Appaloosa1_ thank you for updating us and I am sorry to hear what your family have been through. We wish your son all the best with his new care provider. Please do let us know if you have any questions.
  • Dotty123Dotty123 Posts: 364Member Chatterbox
    There just nasty causing so much havoc why can’t they leave money housing alone till all sorted then quickly move on with any new claim or appeal tribunal it’s a disgrace glad your son ok x
Sign in or join us to comment.