Old Sliver walking Stick — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Old Sliver walking Stick

Options
boboc
boboc Community member Posts: 9 Listener
So i am  going to appeal, i use a walking stick  have for years, so i been told to use my old sliver stick i got from the hospital in 2000 
not  the one i bought for myself as its frond on if its not the hospital . is this a joke, is someone pulling my stick ?

Comments

• Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    boboc said:
    So i am  going to appeal, i use a walking stick  have for years, so i been told to use my old sliver stick i got from the hospital in 2000 
    not  the one i bought for myself as its frond on if its not the hospital . is this a joke, is someone pulling my stick ?
    Hi. I am to go to tribunal..soon I hope. I also have my own stick, in fact I have about 4 sticks. When I had my knee ops...the last one was 2004, I was given an NHS stick but was told to hand it back. I have developed numerous mobility problems since my ops and have bought my own sticks. Also my daughter bought me a wheelchair last year so we could go on a weekend break. I will have to use it to go to my tribunal, as there is no way that I can walk into the building, from the car park half a mile away!
    I understand what @ilovecats means about some people buying aids off the internet but if you need an aid..you have to have one.
    Good luck with your appeal. :)
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Umm, I have an electric bath chair, bed riser, two toilet seats and frames (toilet upstairs & downstairs) and a perching stool  all of which were supplied by Social Services 5/6 years ago following an assessment by them in my home. No points were awarded based on the assessor's report as (a) I had no evidence of the source of the equipment and (b) they were all deemed as being a choice and not a need.

So that actually proves what you are saying in that if you cannot prove the source then little weight would be given for them.
     Thanks, now I understand.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.