Hi, my name is ShakeyRed! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ShakeyRed!

ShakeyRed
ShakeyRed Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone and thank you for what, I have no doubt, will be some sound advice and shared life experiences.

Some 16 years ago I was diagnosed as having obstructive sleep apnoea after my wife had begged me to go to the doctors. After testing I was told that my case I had severe OSA as I suffered with an average of 60 apnoeas an hour. OSA is usually found in men over 40 who have excess weight.

At that time of my diagnosis I was average weight, very active and 28 years old. I played football on a weekend, went golfing twice a week and played badminton with my wife and another couple.

Since OSA I have also developed a heart condition, diagnosed with depression & anxiety and last year, due to an increasingly poor diet over the last ten years, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

On the bright side since the diabetes diagnosis I have changed my lifestyle and have lost 6 stone in weight since april 2018.

Thank you

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.