How much deducted from UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much deducted from UC

annoymous
annoymous Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Im on universal credits 
I receive
Standard allowance as a couple of 
£498.89
Two children £508.75
housing benefit £493.64
carers £156.45 

im currently in receive of Carers allowence I’ve had this money back paid last week  this will be my first payment from universal credit after receiving Carer’s allowence £64 weekly 

now my question is how much is deducted from this?? Just need a idea of what’s getting taken off 

Comments

• annoymous
  • annoymous
    annoymous said:

Is this correct 
  • cara
    cara Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Hi anonomous, welcome
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @annoymous Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

In response to your benefit question. I do not know an answer to your benefit query.

There will be members of community or a member of our team who will know the answer.

Have you spoken to CAB about the benefit query you have.  They have expertise and knowledge on benefits.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As you can see by the calculations your carers allowance will be deducted £1 for £1 from your UC payments. DWP should add a carers element of £156 per month. Carers allowance then pay you separately. This means that although you have the deductions from your UC, you'll be £156 better off per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.