If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

How much deducted from UC

annoymousannoymous Posts: 4Member Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit
Im on universal credits 
I receive
Standard allowance as a couple of 
£498.89
Two children £508.75
housing benefit £493.64
carers £156.45 

im currently in receive of Carers allowence I’ve had this money back paid last week  this will be my first payment from universal credit after receiving Carer’s allowence £64 weekly 

now my question is how much is deducted from this?? Just need a idea of what’s getting taken off 

Replies

• annoymousannoymous Posts: 4Member Listener
    annoymous said:

Is this correct 
  • caracara Posts: 21Member Listener
    Hi anonomous, welcome
  • thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 6,000Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @annoymous  Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

In response to your benefit question. I do not know an answer to your benefit query.

There will be members of community or a member of our team who will know the answer.

Have you spoken to CAB about the benefit query you have.  They have expertise and knowledge on benefits.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,439Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As you can see by the calculations your carers allowance will be deducted £1 for £1 from your UC payments. DWP should add a carers element of £156 per month. Carers allowance then pay you separately. This means that although you have the deductions from your UC, you'll be £156 better off per month.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.