If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

My son has Autism and not eat certain food

trazr71trazr71 Posts: 1Member Listener
My son  jack is autistic but he will not eat wet food. Alphabet shapes , Turkey jetters or minions , pizzars or pick nick's. I have tried other fooday but he doesn't like the texture .any advice would be  grateful. 

Replies

• Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 543Member, Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @trazr71 ;

Welcome to community and thank you for sharing this with us. Have you informed your GP?
    You may find our page on Textures of food and your child's eating difficulties useful.
  • mrsaobmrsaob Posts: 1Member Listener
    My son is the same with wet foods so I give him veg rather than beans or spaghetti, he likes that.
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,740Administrator Scope community team
    Welcome to the community, @mrsaob!
  • shelby3shelby3 Posts: 5Member Listener
    Hello, my 2yr old daughter also has difficulty with food. She prefers finger food, nothing wet an won't be spoon fed. She will eat banana, biscuits, cheereos with milk drained out, jam on toast and she refuses to give up her bottle for a feeding cup. I was told autistic children have more sensative tasebuds and food flavours taste stronger to them, maybe try bland finger foods. I try to put something on her plate that I know she will eat eg banana and something different to try too. Most of time she just plays with new food but on occasion she does like one. Find what your son likes an stick with those at least he is eating something. It can be very worrying and frustrating but hang in there, it will get easier once you know what they like to eat. 
Sign in or join us to comment.