Our Community Guidelines and How To Guide — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Our Community Guidelines and How To Guide

Adam_Alumni
Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
edited February 2019 in Start here and say hello!
If you need to have a look through our How To Guide that talks you through the ins and outs of the Scope online community, or if you want to read the Community Guidelines, you can access them by going to the Community Guidelines Page here. 

Thanks for being part of the community :)

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
  • AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Thank you 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • gillyfrog
    gillyfrog Community member Posts: 1 Listener
  • loulabell
    loulabell Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi my name is Louise 
  • Shareen
    Shareen Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Hi, my name is Shareen and I am not very clever with computers.
  • steve51
    Hi @Shareen

Good Afternoon!!!!!!

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with (pc’s)

@steve51
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    What a lovely caring letter you have posted Shareen......maybe you should send a copy to your MP....and other MP,s as well. The only thing I can say is " why did the ruling party get voted into power again when we all know what they are like . It's like turkies voting for Christmas.  I feel exactly as you do Shareen . Thank you for taking the time to write this . I hope everybody remembers what a mess society is in , homeless people , people using food banks,  young people who cannot get work , the stabbings ect.....Thank God I am on my way out of this world and not coming into it . We were told by a certain politician that there is no such thing as as communities.  Its 'man mind thyself 'as far as I can see . That same politician made a split in society by selling off good social housing stock ....divide and conquer was her want .....and it worked . Now the young cannot get social housing and buying privately is way beyond most people.
    Good luck for your future Shareen ....I have quite a few health problems myself and I am also now completely deaf ( apart from tinnitus and menieres ) My tinnitus is a jet engine in my ear 24/7 ...and my Menieres makes me so dizzy It  makes the world spin and in turn causes vomiting ....thankfully I have not been dizzy for over a week now ....May your God go with you .
  • Shareen
    Bless you Seanchal. My daughter in London is stuck up flights of stairs in a one bedroomed small flat with a baby, a 6 year old and a partner with COPD. The tiny amount I fought and won for her anxiety and panic attacks was stopped and the other daughter took out mortgage on flat that needs huge repairs with no central heating in Birmingham and has no money left to get this after bills, she is a sweet young woman of 30. My son has spent past 18 years as a handyman but now bloated from medication side effects, gets no benefit, and is currently a care taker of a finca in Mallorca, spending hours alone hearing voices and seeing things, he has no home to return to here in UK. What a mess this greedy government has made of the poorer sections of UK society helped by the media. I will chant your hearing problems and tinnitus dizziness improve, we only have prayer left now. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. I don't know how to do the heart or any emojis but send you all my love for health, wealth and happiness. xx
  • Seanchai
    Thank you Shareen .....We have got people who care about other's ...but it's not a community it used to be . I also have COPD and use a nebuliser  Shareen ....but I live in a village in the hills of Scotland . Thank God I do not have to venture into the town or cities often , as each time I went to the town or city the fumes made me unwell ....I could not get a breath . 
    Yep, it's terrible the way people are treated by the government and my wife missed the pension by three weeks when she was sixty...and will not get the pension at her 65th birthday , she will have to wait until I turn 66 in two years time.  The government saved billions and billions of pounds when theybehifted the pension age ...plus they made billions of pounds by the people that continued working and paying tax for another five years ....what happened to the " equality " the government go on about ? What about the " We are all in this together " ...I feel so sad that this is what the UK has come to . No care for disabled jo dare for the homeless, no care for the starving ....even children are affected by this government's stance .  The gap between rich and poor is widening but it's all down to how we vote . ....and much of the suffering is inflicted , by the way people voted last time .I hope everyone has learned their lessons and vote for ordinary people who are not born with a silver spoon in their mouth .
    I hope you and your family keep better in the future ...i know how hard it can be ...i will pray for you and your family .
  • Shareen
    You are spot on, the people mustn't listen to the lies and vote instead for those who help the poor and sick and homeless etc.  All the media adverts don't help, along with everyone wanting to be famous, they should make the poor, the sick, the homeless famous instead, and show more of the rubbish strewn streets, the animals and sea life dying from all our waste and the under funded and over worked social care system, mentally ill people thrown back on streets after being in mental hospitals and prisons, a national disgrace. If you can't look after your own people in a country why are we accepting more people?  I am mixed race and have friends of all nationalities with my Buddhist organisation but if there is no social housing for our own people why even accept and hand it first to people coming in?  This government is so blinkered it hasn't a clue, they wine and dine at taxpayers expense and then stop the disabled, the mentally ill, the homeless, the pensioners, the single and double parents and children's money while meeting round a table drinking champagne. They laugh at us and talk the talk but do nothing once they get in power, abusing their positions of power to judge and punish poor citizens. Their friends run the tabloids and internet I am sure to whip up hatred and ignore suffering dying homeless people.  If it doesn't come back to them in this lifetime I am sure it will in the next.  I never could do posts and could write a book about the injustice that I see daily here in the UK. You take care and your wife. xx
  • Seanchai
    Thank you Shareen ....yes indeed , my family were immigrants from Ireland , so I am for immigrants being admitted to the UK.  ....but....that's after our own people are looked after first. No wonder every immigrant wants to come to the UK ...The government tells lies about the amount of people sleeping rough and the amount of people using food banks.   I know London is bad but we have our share in Scotland ...although our first minister us arresting those problems . I know a woman who has a house in London and she has 470 spare rooms...and she and her family dine on the finest banquets...the family are on benefits as well . She has other huge houses that she uses at other times and the one she has in Scotland lies empty for most ot the year . Yep, it's an unfair world Shareen ...Namo Buddhaya , my friend .xx
  • Shareen
    Yes I agree, my father came from India and was Anglo Indian because his great grandfather was from Ireland, he spoke Urdu and English but hardly spoke to us as children and worked all hours as a nurse, he came after India's independence and had been in the RAMC of the British Army in India. My mother also had Irish ancestry and her name was Kathleen, she also had been in the WAAF during the second world war and later worked as a GPO telephonist, we lived all over the place and I was born in the East End of London in the fifties, not a good time to be mixed race even though my skin was white, my brother and sister had dark skin, black hair and brown eyes. I am all for immigration so long as everyone is respectful I see no problem. But I lived in a housing co-op in South East London for 26 years and in 2003 it started having dozens of Cameroonian men turn up and they started taking over, the 10 person houses which were designed in the 70's for students and had a shared kitchen and bathroom and basically you just got a locked bedroom, so for ! person, basically started having up to 4 Cameroonian men in them until the place got infested by cockroaches etc all these men up to 40 living in one house. The council did nothing because they said it was private land. Then these men got in power by intimidating other co-op members by being aggressive, until people stopped going to meetings. By 2008 and after I had been told by one of these men who had taken over our co-op office that held all our records and had sacked our co-op worker, that when I died my two daughters would not be allowed to live in the house we shared when I died, I had had enough. They were racist even to other Africans telling a Nigerian woman she would never get a room in the co-op. The hippie feeling of loving all and peace and understanding had died. I was so lucky my sister managed to get me a flat with Colchester Council but I felt the whole area had changed by then.  Having disabilities helped me rehouse but what about my poor neighbours still stuck there? I found out a Cameroonian family of 10 moved into my 3 bed home once I had gone. There has to be a watch on people and surely the millions on social housing waiting lists should come first. It is policy to give the housing to refugees first so I understand the nation's fury over immigration. I also understand the plight of the refugees. If they stopped bombing their homes we would not have refugees in the first place. God Bless.
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
  • Seanchai
    edited March 2019
    Maybe if Britain would stop selling arms then things would be a little better ....of course Britain says that if they don,t do it then somebody else will ....that to me is no argument for selling arms to anyone . 
  • mpazz
    mpazz Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi ?? my name is MPazz, but you can call me Mazz?
  • Murphy1926
    Murphy1926 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    Hello everyone.im new and also not very good with internet.
  • Rebecca_de_Winter
    Rebecca_de_Winter Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Hi everyone, I'm new, disabled and a carer for my husband who has HSP. :)
  • steve51
    Hi @Murphy1926

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one off a number off “Community Champion’s “ on here.

We are all here to help anyone that might need any help or support.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with ????

@steve51
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.